After a long, hard week at work perhaps you want to lounge by the clear, turquoise water of a pool; take a cruise on a boat; sit and read a book in your backyard while the fresh smell of cut grass tickles your nose — whatever the case, as we relax and take in summer’s glory, often times we reach for a drink. Below are some tips on a few dazzling summertime drinks, sure to cool both your mind and body.
When we think drinks, there’s a million, right? To keep it simple, whether you are tending bar for yourself or working for a large crowd at a restaurant, you want to be sure you know what people like. So, let’s break it down. Summertime brings us fresh fruit, so more often than not drinks will feature slices of various fruits like oranges, cucumbers, strawberries, and more. This, plus bright colors and accents, will make any person feel as though they’re sitting in the Bahamas.
Wines: Instead of the usual wines, step it up a bit! Right now sangria is more popular than ever. Wineries and bars are serving up red and white wine sangrias and topping them off with clever arrangements of fruits like blackberries, pomegranate, and more! For a tasty treat check out this red wine sangria recipe from master chef Bobby Flay.
Coolers: Think fun colors and flavors: lavender, sky blue, peach, lime—pour summer right into a glass with a great cooler recipe. These are your spiked (or nonalcoholic) lemonades, juices, and teas. A fun idea would be to take a classic drink like a lemonade, limeade, tea, or juice and add some spunk to it. Spunk can mean alcohol of course, but it can also mean flavors! Think about adding some fun spices and fruits to your drinks, such as:
- Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, rasberries
- Lemon and lime
Frozen Drinks: The staple of summer — frozen drinks can be anything from frozen margaritas to mojitos to pina coladas and strawberry daiquiris. These are the refreshing chillers that you or your customers can sip on, on a hot summer day and instantly feel refreshed. Like with coolers, think about different ways to spice up these timeless drinks such as with the following ingredients and liquors:
- Ice cream
- Creme de menthe
- creme de cacao
- Flavored liquors such Godiva chocolate vodka, vanilla vodka, etc.
Check out Howl at the Moon’s list of the best margarita recipes ever.
If you’re in the food service industry, be sure you’re prepared for all these summer drinks! Stock up on shakers and jiggers for all your mixed drinks; bar blenders and juicers for various cocktails and dessert drinks; liquor pourers and pour bottles for all your alcohol. Remember, presentation is half the battle, so be sure and pick out some snazzy glassware to make your drinks look as fabulous as they taste.
- 09 Feb 2017Food Storage Containers: Polycarbonate vs. Polypropylene
- 28 Nov 2016Grease Traps: Why You Need One
- 12 Oct 2016Stainless Steel Equipment Stands
- Need some storage options for your kitchen? Check out our brief guide on food storage containers! https://t.co/KqEIOdoAj3,
- What is a grease trap and why do you need one? Check out our article on all the benefits of grease traps! https://t.co/rPm6DZKTUt,
- Need an equipment stand? Check out this ALL stainless steel line from Atosa! https://t.co/uL5KQP7zt0,
- Check out our write up on the differences between radiant and lava rock charbroilers. https://t.co/ItR3e1Vquw,
- Check out our write up on the pros and cons of bottom-mount and top-mount refrigerators! https://t.co/zfchfsPXr1,