Ah, summer. Trees and flowers have blossomed and the sweet taste of barbecue sauce rests on everyone’s tongue. Beaches are open, patios are packed, and the outdoor festivals have ensued. It’s no secret that businesses usually flourish during the warmer months. People go outdoors, and for those of us who live in particularly cold areas, any day over 60 degrees seems like a miracle. So, more people are out and about, tourism is increased, and thus, restaurants see a spike in business. But, how do you keep up with the competition and make sure your establishment does the best it can? Here’s a few easy tips to consider:
- First and foremost, increase/boost marketing. This is a simple one. Use social media. Advertise on Facebook. Got some scrumptious recipes you’ve been working on? Great, put those beauties on Instagram.
- Get involved in some events. Located in a populated area? Join up for a bar crawl or partake in a local festival. Perhaps you can feature music at your establishment or have room for an outdoor patio. Be creative! Make your customers want to come to your establishment.
- Summer menu options: this is probably the most important tip we can give all you restaurant owners. It’s summer! Feature some dishes that showcase everyone’s favorite summer vegetables, fruits, herbs, and meats. Think: grilled corn, peaches, pineapples, and anything BBQ flavored!
Fun fact: The National Restaurant’s “What’s Hot for 2016 Culinary Forecast” lists locally sourced meats and locally grown produce as two of their top trends for the year! So, get yourself some local veggies and meat and make a meal out of it! Don’t forget to advertise, of course.
- Cook's Illustrated listed this bread knife as the best serrated knife out there. Read and see why! https://t.co/u5SvyepRhu,
- Check out Flexsil-Lids -- a great way to reduce waste and preserve food's freshness. https://t.co/MmVhXtcbca,
- Need some storage options for your kitchen? Check out our brief guide on food storage containers! https://t.co/KqEIOdoAj3,
- What is a grease trap and why do you need one? Check out our article on all the benefits of grease traps! https://t.co/rPm6DZKTUt,
- Need an equipment stand? Check out this ALL stainless steel line from Atosa! https://t.co/uL5KQP7zt0,