Ah, barbecue season is upon us. Finally we can take the party outside and enjoy the sweet, savory goodness that comes fresh off the grill. This Memorial Day holiday, try and add some new spins to some old recipes. Whether you’re cooking for your family, or for a business, think about livening it up!
Fire up the grill! Burgers, hot dogs, brats — bison? Knackwursts? That’s right! Don’t be afraid to change things up a bit; try a different meat for a new flavor! Instead of a traditional burger, what about a bison burger? Turkey burger? Pork burger? Or instead of a hot dog, what about something different like a traditional knackwurst?
Extra ordinary: When it comes to burgers, the possibilities are endless. Nowadays chefs put just about anything on burgers, even eggs! So, take a traditional cheeseburger and add some extraordinary toppings that really are extra ordinary, and your guests are sure to be thanking you.
Cheese: Where would we be without cheese? Of course we all like the traditional American, cheddar, and swiss, but there’s more! Consider spicing things up a bit with some different cheeses like smoked gouda, blue cheese, brie (very creamy!), goat cheese, monterey jack (think for a Mexican-style burger), and more!
Sauces: The right sauce can add just the right amount of flavor to compliment a nice juicy burger. Now kitchens all over the country are adding sauces of all flavors such as: 1000 Island, A1 Sauce, chipotle mayo, pesto mayo, garlic mayo, various aioli sauces, etc. Fun idea: try making your own sauce with your favorite spices!
Extra-extra: What’s beyond lettuce, tomato, and a pickle? A whole other world, friends. Quite recently, restaurants and bars all over the place have started adding all sorts of fun, flavor-enhancing extras such as: guacamole, fried eggs, grilled onions, fried onions, jalapeno peppers, even more meat like bacon, brisket, pastrami, anything you like!
Don’t forget about the other stuff! What other stuff you might ask? All the other goodness that comes with a cookout. We’re talking sides, salads, slaws, desserts, and let’s not forget drinks!
- 09 Feb 2017Food Storage Containers: Polycarbonate vs. Polypropylene
- 28 Nov 2016Grease Traps: Why You Need One
- 12 Oct 2016Stainless Steel Equipment Stands
- Need some storage options for your kitchen? Check out our brief guide on food storage containers! https://t.co/KqEIOdoAj3,
- What is a grease trap and why do you need one? Check out our article on all the benefits of grease traps! https://t.co/rPm6DZKTUt,
- Need an equipment stand? Check out this ALL stainless steel line from Atosa! https://t.co/uL5KQP7zt0,
- Check out our write up on the differences between radiant and lava rock charbroilers. https://t.co/ItR3e1Vquw,
- Check out our write up on the pros and cons of bottom-mount and top-mount refrigerators! https://t.co/zfchfsPXr1,