One way of a perfect start of a day is to spoil yourself a tasteful and beautiful muffin. You love muffins but you may still wonder why your home made muffins look small and rather flat on top, unlike the yummy muffins that from bakeries and coffee shops. Here are a few simple tricks that can make you, the muffin maker, from normal to pro!
1. Are you choosing the right temperature?
The normal recommended temperature at recipes is between 325-375 F, however, that’s not enough at all. Believe or not, baking your muffins at 400 F for 18-20 minutes will give your muffin as floppy as sponge.
2. How to avoid a flat top muffin?
The answer is pretty simply: it will not rise as high if there’s not enough batter on the muffin pan. This means, instead of filling up your tins 2/3s full in recipes, to fill your muffin pans until it is nearly full.
3. Leave unfilled cups empty? No!
To keep the heat evenly distributed in the pan, fill any empty cups with a small amount of water.
4. Add a flavourful sprinkle.
You can choose to sprinkle the tops with more fruit, nuts or a crumble topping to personalize your muffin. As the muffins rise these flavourful toppings will be embedded into the tops of the muffin.
5. Tool matters – choosing the right muffin pan.
The choice of material or it’s non stick coating when buying a new muffin pan is important – silicone or metal, dark or shiny – these choices can affect the appearance of your muffins and the cooking time. If you don’t want to be bothered by ten more types of baking pans, remember this: heavy duty aluminum and non-stick coated are the best.
- 09 Feb 2017Food Storage Containers: Polycarbonate vs. Polypropylene
- 28 Nov 2016Grease Traps: Why You Need One
- 12 Oct 2016Stainless Steel Equipment Stands
- Need some storage options for your kitchen? Check out our brief guide on food storage containers! https://t.co/KqEIOdoAj3,
- What is a grease trap and why do you need one? Check out our article on all the benefits of grease traps! https://t.co/rPm6DZKTUt,
- Need an equipment stand? Check out this ALL stainless steel line from Atosa! https://t.co/uL5KQP7zt0,
- Check out our write up on the differences between radiant and lava rock charbroilers. https://t.co/ItR3e1Vquw,
- Check out our write up on the pros and cons of bottom-mount and top-mount refrigerators! https://t.co/zfchfsPXr1,