Tomatoes, eggplant, shredded cheese, and more can be used as edible serving dishes. Try one of these delicious new food ideas for you next dinner party.
Stuffed peppers are the perfect vehicle for all kinds of meats, chilis, and grain salads. In this recipe, linguine is the star: Cheese Baked Peppers Stuffed with Linguine recipe. Plus, see more unique stuffed pepper recipes.
Stuffed eggplant softens deliciously; it’s almost a sin to not eat the skin along with a cheesy filling. Try this Vegetable-Stuffed Eggplant recipe as a delicious side dish or a vegetarian main dish alternative.
Whatever baby pumpkins are filled with—soup, salad, or even crème brûlée—the thin skin of smaller ones will soften enough to be devoured. Try Baby Pumpkins Stuffed With Coconut Vegetables.
All tomatoes can be stuffed, but these little cherry tomatoes are perfect for bite-sized appetizers. Get the Cherry Tomatoes Filled with Creamy Pesto Cheese recipe.
The shape of this crisp vegetable resembles an open spoon. Take advantage of nature’s styling and fill with a delicious filling, as in this Blue Cheese Stuffed Endive recipe.
Portobello and button mushrooms are begging to be stuffed with all sorts of meats and veggies. Try the Vegetable Stuffed Mushrooms recipe for your next party.
Onions caramelize with heat and seep fragrant juice into the stuffing of this Overstuffed Onions recipe.
9. Puff Pastry
With refrigerated puff pastry you can create fabulous appetizers that can be enjoyed in one bite. Wild Mushroom and Goat Cheese Puff Pastry Pockets will disappear—have the recipe printed and ready to share.
The shattering crispness of phyllo adds a perfect textural counterpoint in elegant desserts, as in this Fresh Pumpkin Tartlets recipe.
11. Parmesan Bowls
Shredded Parmesan cheese can be baked into a bowl shape and used for everything from appetizers to dazzling main dish salads. This simple appetizer recipe will wow your guests. Try the Roasted Cherry Tomatoes in Parmesan Cups recipe. Also, try tossing a Caesar salad into these crisp bowls.
12. Bread Bowls
Soup, salad, and dips can be served in large bread bowls. We also like these croustades as a crunchy base for your appetizers: Caramelized Onion Tartlets Tapas.
Fill baked potatoes of all sizes with tasty sautéed vegetables, cheese, and more. Potato Skins with Smoked Salmon and Fresh Dill Tapas are an elegant choice for brunch.
- 09 Feb 2017Food Storage Containers: Polycarbonate vs. Polypropylene
- 28 Nov 2016Grease Traps: Why You Need One
- 12 Oct 2016Stainless Steel Equipment Stands
- Need some storage options for your kitchen? Check out our brief guide on food storage containers! https://t.co/KqEIOdoAj3,
- What is a grease trap and why do you need one? Check out our article on all the benefits of grease traps! https://t.co/rPm6DZKTUt,
- Need an equipment stand? Check out this ALL stainless steel line from Atosa! https://t.co/uL5KQP7zt0,
- Check out our write up on the differences between radiant and lava rock charbroilers. https://t.co/ItR3e1Vquw,
- Check out our write up on the pros and cons of bottom-mount and top-mount refrigerators! https://t.co/zfchfsPXr1,